If you clicked on this link then you deserve the recipe you’re about to read.
Somewhere between freakshakes and cruffins, people became obsessed with buying food items only half prepared for twice the cost. Some say the trend originated from an early season of Masterchef, but suffice to say, it’s still running rife in Australian capital cities and the end certainly isn’t nigh.
Here at The Urban List we like to keep on top of trends, and we can’t avoid this one any longer. So, here’s how to make a deconstructed hot chocolate at home and alienate your friends in the process.
- 1/3 cup of cocoa
- 3/4 cup of white sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup of boiling water
- 3 1/2 cups of milk
- 3/4 tsp of vanilla extract
- 4 wooden paddles or chopping boards
- 4 small milk jugs
- 4 glass beakers
- 4 golden teaspoons
- 4 large coffee cups
- Phone up four of your wealthiest friends and invite them over to watch “Law & Order: SVU reruns”.
- Place one milk jug, glass beaker, golden teaspoon and coffee cup on each wooden paddle.
- Combine the cocoa, sugar and salt in small mixing bowl and then divide amongst the four coffee cups.
- Pour 3/4 of a teaspoon of vanilla essence into each golden teaspoon.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan on medium heat until hot but not boiling. Divide the hot milk evenly among the four small milk jugs.
- Divide 1/3 cup of boiling water amongst the four small glass beakers.
- Place a marshmallow on the wood board if you’re feeling wild.
- Instruct your friends to combine everything in the coffee cup and charge them $12 each.
- Instagram a pic with the hashtag #makeitrain.
**This is actually an incredible hot chocolate recipe. If you’re feeling generous, prepare the hot chocolate in a saucepan on a stovetop like a normal human and serve it to your friends fully formed. You may be $48 dollars poorer but the value of not having your friends spread vicious rumours about you being a tight-arse behind your back is priceless.
You’re probably going to need a meal to go with that hot chocolate, check out all of our recipes here.
Image credit: Gabriella Bjorklünd
Our best stories, direct to your inbox, helping you to out-trend your mates every weekend…
Login Via Facebook
Login Via Facebook
This page is only accessible to logged-in users with proper access privileges