Sticky Sesame Garlic Shrimp is coated in the most amazing sticky Asian sauce and topped with green onions and sesame seeds! This is a quick and easy 30-minute meal that you will make again and again!
If you love shrimp recipes then be sure to also try: Creamy Tuscan Garlic Shrimp, 15 minute Garlic Shrimp Stir Fry, or this Sticky Honey Garlic Shrimp!
School is OUT for summer!! I totally was the mom to take the pictures of the first and last day of school. Now four kids later and a busy life, I didn’t even make them go to the last day! I am so glad they are done for the summer. Right now we have a lot of fun things planned and camps coming up to keep us busy. Now we can start the count down until school starts.
I still try to feed my kids in the summer despite the craziness, so easy meals are a must for me. Shrimp recipes are so great because they are ready in no time at all and shrimp takes just minutes to cook. When you add a sticky asian inspired sauce, it is shrimp perfection!
How do you make Sticky Sesame Garlic Shrimp?
- Prepare the marinade and add the shrimp to a bowl and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Add a Tablespoon of oil to a medium-sized skillet and heat to medium-high heat. Cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes or until pink. Remove shrimp and set aside on plate.
- Add the marinade to the skillet and simmer until it starts to thicken and turn into a syrup. Add the shrimp back to the skillet and toss to coat. Serve over rice with green onions and sesame seeds.
How long do you cook shrimp in the skillet?
Add 1 Tablespoon of oil to a medium sized skillet and cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes or until pink.
Can you overcook shrimp?
The exterior of the shrimp should be pink with red tails and the flesh is slightly opaque and a little “white” in color. If it is too bright white in color, then the shrimp may be overcooked.
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Chopped green onion and sesame seeds for garnish, if desired
- In a large bowl add shrimp, soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, and 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Stir until mixed and shrimp is coated evenly. Cover and let sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- In a medium-sized skillet at 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Over medium-high heat remove the shrimp with a slotted spoon and add to the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes until shrimp is pink. Remove the shrimp and set aside on a plate.
- Add the marinade to the skillet and let it simmer until it is thick and looks like a syrup. Add the shrimp back to the skillet and toss in the sauce. Serve with chopped green onions and sesame seeds if desired.
Original source: https://therecipecritic.com/sticky-sesame-garlic-shrimp/