This Rolo Pretzel Turtle Recipe has a hard, salty pretzel layered with a caramel hidden inside a chocolate for a creamy inside topped with a crisp pecan. This salty and sweet treat is perfect for the holidays this season!
These are great to share or enjoy as a snack. If you love quick and easy candies like these try this Best Christmas Crack Recipe (Saltine Cracker Toffee), Ooey Gooey Chex Mix or Easy Crockpot Candy.
Rolo Pretzel Turtle Recipe
Simple and quick treat that is perfect for making on a winter day.
My girls love this Rolo pretzel turtle recipe.
They know just how to lay the pretzels out perfectly, add the Rolo on top and gently press down on the pecan.
It makes for a ooey gooey chocolate turtle treat.
Delicious and so fun to have little fingers apart of it all.
We love to make these for neighbor gifts, leaving them out as a snack or just indulging on them right when they get out.
These Rolo pretzel turtle treats are just what you need this holiday season!
What you need to make Rolo pretzel turtles
Simple ingredients for a simple recipe that is a total sweet and salty treat perfect for the holidays.
Only three ingredients to make these Rolo pretzel turtle recipe easy and kid friendly.
You will love the simplicity of it all and how tasty they are when they melt in your mouth.
- Snap pretzels: this gives more of a base for the Rolo to melt on.
- Rolo candies: has a caramel middle with a chocolate covering.
- Pecan halves: gives the look of a turtle and adds a soft textured crunch that pairs well with other ingredients.
How to make Rolo pretzel turtles
- Prepare pretzels and preheat oven: Preheat oven to 300 degrees. On a baking sheet arrange the pretzels in a single layer on parchment paper. Place a unwrapped rolo on top each pretzel.
- Bake and press pecan on chocolate: Bake for 4 minutes and remove from the oven. Press a pecan half into the top of the warm chocolate. Let cool completely.
Variations of making Rolo chocolate turtles
There are so many fun variations you can make for the Rolo chocolate turtle recipes.
Mixing chocolate and specialty nuts over the salty pretzel is just SO fun.
Different candies for holidays or even sprinkling some extra sea salt for a delicious flavoring.
All these variations are just what you need to make this turtle recipe fun and delicious for the holidays!
- Chocolate: mini chocolate chips, mint chocolate chips, Hershey kisses. m and m’s, Reese’s pieces or white chocolate.
- Caramel: you can use whole caramel candy, melted caramels or use my Homemade Caramels recipe.
- Nuts: crush up nuts or a mixture of nuts, walnuts, almonds or cashews for a fun flavor.
- Topping: Coconut flakes, sea salt or mini marshmallows.
- Pretzels: leave out the pretzels or use the looped pretzel. Try to find them with a good base that won’t leave a mess and hold it together.
Tips on making Rolo chocolate turtles
- Toast pecans: toasting pecans adds a more flavorful taste. Use a skillet to toast for one to two minutes.
- Don’t worry: these don’t have to be perfect, it is best to work fast.
- Line pans: silicone liners work really well or parchment paper will work too.
- Caramels: microwave your caramels if you are not using a Rolo. This is a quicker way to melt your caramel. If your caramel starts to harden, simply add it back into the microwave to reheat.
- Chocolate: to melt your chocolate, add in a bit of oil to help melt your chocolate in the microwave if you are not using a Rolo.
Love turtle desserts?! Try these too!
- Turtle Brownies
- Turtle Pecan Bars
- Turtle Rice Krispie Treats
- Frosted Turtle Brownies
- Turtle Cookies
More holiday treats
- Peanut Butter Fudge
- Amazing Salted Caramel Popcorn
- Slow Cooker Cinnamon Almonds
- The Best Peanut Brittle Recipe
- Roasted Cinnamon Sugar Candied Nuts
Rolo Pretzel Turtle Recipe
- 40 Snap pretzels
- 40 Rolo Candies (unwrapped)
- 40 Pecan Halves
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. On a baking sheet arrange the pretzels in a single layer on parchment paper. Place a unwrapped rolo on top each pretzel.
- Bake for 4 minutes and remove from the oven. Press a pecan half into the top of the warm chocolate. Let cool completely.
Original source: https://therecipecritic.com/rolo-pretzel-turtles/